£Competitive (depending on experience)
Mongoose is a specialist Sports, Fitness and Entertainment Agency. We deliver specialist expertise for both brands and rights holders across Communications, PR, Sponsorship, Activation and Events.
Creativity focussed and commercially aware, our boutique, integrated approach delivers bespoke campaigns to make your business grow. We do this by using our expertise to outwit, outthink and outplay the competition. And we don’t stop until we do.
Mongoose is proud to work with some of the world's leading brands and the world’s biggest names such as New Balance, The North Face, Jacksonville Jaguars and Bridgestone.
Mongoose is part of The Mission Marketing Group plc. The Mission is a group of 14 specialist Agencies employing over 1000 people in 25 offices that take in the length and breadth of the UK as well as offices in Asia and the USA. The Group specialises in providing national and international Clients with award winning marketing, advertising and business communications through. Each Agency retains its own unique personality and reputation, whilst at the same time benefiting from the skills, tools and resources available from being part of a larger group. The Mission agencies include Big Dog, April Six, April Six Proof, Think Media, Bray Leino, RLA, Speed Communications, Story, Mongoose, Chapter, Splash, Solaris and Robson Brown.
As an Account Executive your role will be to assist the account teams in the delivery of client campaigns and programmes.
It’s a varied role supporting all elements of campaign activation – from event planning, logistics management to activation delivery as well as providing all-important reporting and admin support to teams. Reporting into the Account Managers, Account Executives will be client-facing and will be involved with brand planning brainstorms and creative campaign development.
• Support account teams in delivering client projects, campaigns and programmes, from account admin and research to implementing high-profile brand activations
• Tasks and projects can include: liaising with third party suppliers including designers, assisting in event management, venue research, researching and booking hospitality events, sourcing products and props for shoots, mail-outs etc
Admin support & reporting
• Prepare meeting agendas and contact reports
• Develop client-facing results reports and update emails
• Collating and presenting quotes and activation branding
• Conduct research for and contribute to new business proposals as and when required
• Work with the team to maintain a tidy and orderly stock cupboard
• Monitor stock levels and place orders when supplies run low
• Keep teams updated on progress and results
• Support Account Managers in the development of compelling visual content – crafting design briefs, supporting content capture, refining editing process, supporting client approvals etc
• Learn how to craft copy that’s engaging, compelling, persuasive, on message and on brand
• Capture live event social media content – including quotes, images, video clips etc.
• Content can include: brand videos, virtual events, graphic design, digital content, case study backgrounders and social media copy
• Draft a minimum of six blog posts for the Mongoose website every year
Social media knowledge
• Develop a good understanding of the social media landscape and new developments
• Work with internal social media experts to develop and implement social media content calendars across key channels incl. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, Snapchat, Pinterest
• Implement basic social media community management with support from internal experts
• Support influencer social media engagement and management to drive online brand profile.
• Monitor social media channels for relevant information and support the creation of informative social media reports for internal teams and clients
• Start a personal ‘book of contacts’ full of key influencers
• Be constantly on the look-out for opportunities, for clients and brands on social media
• Develop an in-depth understanding of the UK influencer landscape incl. bloggers, vloggers, social influencers and celebrities
Brand & industry insight & understanding
• Demonstrate understanding of clients’ brands and their competitors
• Help collate and research market sector information and investigate competitor information
• Keep teams and clients updated on key news and developments affecting clients and the sector(s) they operate in
• Take part in and actively contribute to team brainstorms across all team accounts
• Act with confidence and energy in external meetings
• Demonstrate a proactive ‘can-do’ attitude, offering help and support across the teams as and when required
• Integrate with the wider team, take the initiative to get involved with agency activities such as social media channels, lunch’n’learns, social events etc
• Be a team player, always supporting your colleagues and helping when needed
• Show accountability, and take ownership of and responsibility for your tasks and actions
• Be open to cross-agency working, using and supporting the agency
• Always act professionally when representing the agency
Key Skill and Attributes
• Creative thinking
• Excellent time management skills, and ability to manage tight deadlines
• Strong organisational skills, good attention to detail
• Flexibility to juggle multiple tasks
• Consistency in terms of performance and outputs
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Team player
• Friendly, professional can-do attitude
• Act with confidence and energy in the office
• Demonstrate proactive way of working, offering help and support across the teams
• Thirst to learn and develop new skills
• Professionalism and integrity
• Trustworthiness and discretion
• Ambitious self-starter
Our Purpose: Constantly creative, always commercial. We use our unique sector knowledge and experience to out wit, out think, and out play the clients competition. And we don’t stop until we do.
Our Personality: We love what we do, and we aren’t afraid to show it. Positive, real and purposeful. Just like the best teams, we encourage independence and self-expression, but we never forget we’re part of something bigger.
Our Practice: Honest, and flexible in our working culture, we aim to leave an impression on each other, our clients, and the industry through sharing, learning and developing together. We’re not confined to one medium, we go where our audience is, connecting clients through sport and entertainment.
Our Principles: We have a progressive staff culture and will never stop encouraging it. We see it as our role to stay as relevant as the world around us. We challenge ourselves and our clients to think differently and lead by example, as now more than ever we have a responsibility to what we say.
• 25 days’ holiday, increasing to 29 after 2 years’ service (+ Bank holidays)
• Company pension scheme
• Medical cash plan – including employee assist programme, contributions to dental, optical, physio etc.
• Employee discount scheme – an online platform for all staff offering a variety of discounts with various shopping outlets
• Childcare voucher scheme
• Refer a friend scheme
• Company Christmas closure
• Cycle to work scheme
Please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com before 14th January.
Got a question, enquiry or fancy joining Team Mongoose? We’re always looking for new additions to the Mongoose burrow. Are you a hungry & motivated sales person or passionate & energetic activation specialist? We’d love to hear from you.