£Competitive (depending on experience)
Mongoose is a specialist Sports, Fitness and Entertainment Agency. We deliver specialist expertise for both brands and rights holders across Communications, PR, Sponsorship, Activation and Events. Creativity focussed and commercially aware, our boutique, integrated approach delivers bespoke campaigns to make your business grow. We do this by using our expertise to outwit, outthink and outplay the competition. And we don’t stop until we do. We’re proud to work with some of the world's leading brands and the world’s biggest names such as New Balance, The North Face, Echelon Fit, Simplyhealth.
About the role
Due to continue success and expansion, we have an exciting new vacancy for a Senior Account Executive to join our agency. We are currently based in Clerkenwell and will be moving to Covent Garden at the end of the year. The key purpose of the role will be to manage and drive a number of sport, health, fitness and sports lifestyle brands within the agency such as The North Face and Echelon Fit. You’ll be maintaining great relationships with clients to grow the business, delivering outstanding award-winning work.
Key Responsibilities include;
• To already have a small personal ‘book of contacts’ full of key journalists and influencers
• Lead on sell-ins alongside the Account Managers
• Support the development of PR plans alongside your Account Managers
• Lead account executives on building media lists and completing admin and reporting tasks
• Ongoing proactive media relations through a mix of face-to-face meetings, emails, calls and social media
• Develop an in-depth understanding of the UK media landscape incl. national, online, broadcast, bloggers, vloggers, social influencers
• Work with account teams to deliver client projects, campaigns and programmes, from manning a press office and helping deliver events to implementing high-profile, multi-channel campaigns
• Researching target media for a particular campaign, researching and booking spokespeople and celebrities, event management, venue research, researching and booking competition slots, sourcing products and props for shoots, mail-outs etc
• Provide on-event support as directed by Account Managers.
• Craft copy that’s engaging, compelling, persuasive, on message and brand
• Content can include: media releases, journalist pitch emails, digital content, opinion pieces, case study backgrounders, feature articles, briefings materials, research reports, advertorial and competition copy
• Apply smart, creative, lateral thinking across everything you do, incl. media relations and content development – always question how you can deliver even more engagement, more stand-out
• Immerse yourself in industry news and happenings relevant to your clients, make sure you have your finger on the pulse and proactively share relevant ideas and insights with the wider team
• Take part in and actively contribute to team brainstorms across all team accounts
• Liaise with clients and support client teams as and when required
• Social media community management, drafting content planners and managing social accounts
• Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of clients’ brands, their competitors and the sector / category and industry they operate in
• Contribute to new business proposals as and when required
The successful candidate will ideally have 1 year’s PR experience but more importantly will process the following traits.
• Act with confidence and energy in external meetings
• Demonstrate a proactive ‘can-do’ attitude, offering help and support across the teams as and when required
• Integrate with the wider team, take the initiative to get involved with agency activities such as social media channels, social events etc
• Be a team player, always supporting your colleagues and helping when needed
• Show accountability, and take ownership of and responsibility for your tasks and actions
• Creative thinking
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Consistency in terms of performance and outputs
• Act with confidence and energy in the office
• Thirst to learn and develop new skills
• Professionalism and integrity
• Ambitious self-starter
• 25 days’ holiday, increasing to 29 after 2 years’ service (+ Bank holidays)
• Flexible working house 10-4 core working hours with 50/50 split office and remote working
• Half day off for your mental wellbeing every other friday
• Company pension scheme
• Medical cash plan – including employee assist programme, contributions to dental, optical, physio etc.
• Employee discount scheme – an online platform for all staff offering a variety of discounts with various shopping outlets
• Refer a friend scheme
• Company Christmas closure
• Cycle to work scheme
Got a question, enquiry or fancy joining Team Mongoose? We’re always looking for new additions to the Mongoose burrow. Are you a hungry & motivated sales person or passionate & energetic activation specialist? We’d love to hear from you.