Mongoose is a specialist Sports and Entertainment Agency. We deliver specialist expertise for both brands and rights holders across Communications, PR, Sponsorship, Activation and Experiential. Creativity focused and commercially aware, our integrated approach delivers bespoke campaigns to make your business grow. We do this by using our expertise to outwit, outthink and outplay the competition. And we don’t stop until we do. We’re proud to work with some of the world's leading brands and the world’s biggest names such as New Balance, the Jacksonville Jaguars, Bridgestone, the British Army, Merlin Entertainment and The North Face.
Roles are by no means set in stone at Mongoose; we all work flexibly with the mindset that we’ll do whatever we need to ensure success for our clients, after all we work in a dynamic, fast paced and constantly changing environment. We encourage ambition and want everyone to reach beyond their role.
We have a new exciting opportunity in our Commercial Division for a Sponsorship Sales Manager based in our Clerkenwell Office. The key responsibilities are the role are as follows;
• Deliver against client sales targets by prospecting, face to face meetings with prospective sponsors, presentation development/tailoring and leading conversions to deliver partnerships.
• Day to day liaison and management of the relationships with our rights holder clients.
• Assisting the sales team and commercial director where appropriate with the development of new clients and their offerings.
• Proactive prospecting to generate meetings with potential sponsors for rights holder clients
• Manage the client pipeline, suggesting, developing and delivering a sales strategy for rights holder clients.
• Attend and lead meetings with potential new sponsors.
• Act as the rights holder’s key day to day contact, providing regular reporting and updates as required.
• Participate in pitch and new business activity as required.
• Create new business materials (presentations etc.) as required.
• Consistent accurate usage and management of the company database.
• Provide COO with regular updates on sales activity and pipelines.
• Secure income for the right’s holder and meet sales targets set.
We are looking for someone who already has experience in a related role (ideally with knowledge in sports or marketing). You’ll have bags of enthusiasm, confidence and be entrepreneurial by nature. Further skills, experience and attributes we’re looking for are;
• Proven track record of selling in the sponsorship / sports marketing or media industries
• Media and/or sponsorship sales experience
• Degree in related subject is desirable but not essential
• Results driven, motivated, determined and resilient
• Commercial understanding of the business world and marketing activity
• Strong prospecting and telephone sales skills
• Ability to deliver leads under pressure
• Able to communicate at all levels (including board members)
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Ability to develop relationships and create strong partnerships
• Ability to influence key stakeholders, negotiate and close deals
• Strong presentation skills
• Strong time management and planning skills
• Highly competitive commission structure
• 25 days’ holiday, increasing to 29 after 2 years’ service (+ Bank holidays)
• Company pension scheme
• Medical cash plan – including employee assist programme, contributions to dental, optical, physio etc.
• Employee discount scheme – an online platform for all staff offering a variety of discounts with various shopping outlets
• Health and wellbeing programme
• Childcare vouchers
• Refer a friend scheme
• Cycle to work scheme
Got a question, enquiry or fancy joining Team Mongoose? We’re always looking for new additions to the Mongoose burrow. Are you a hungry & motivated sales person or passionate & energetic activation specialist? We’d love to hear from you.