PR and Digital Account Executive (The North Face)
£Competitive (depending on experience)
Mongoose is a specialist Sports and Entertainment Agency. We deliver specialist expertise for both brands and rights holders across Communications, PR, Sponsorship, Activation and Events. Creativity focussed and commercially aware, our boutique, integrated approach delivers bespoke campaigns to make your business grow. We do this by using our expertise to outwit, outthink and outplay the competition. And we don’t stop until we do. We’re proud to work with some of the world's leading brands and the world’s biggest names such as New Balance, The North Face, Bridgestone, Daikin, Bupa Healthcare.
About the role
Due to continue success and expansion, we have an exciting new vacancy for an Account Executive to join our agency. We are based in Tottenham Court Road in our new home, in the historic Heals Building. The key purpose of the role will be to manage and drive a number of sport, health, fitness and sports lifestyle brands including The North Face and Bridgestone Olympics Campaign. You’ll be maintaining great relationships with clients to grow the business, delivering outstanding award-winning work.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Develop a personal ‘book of contacts’ full of key journalists and influencers
• Ongoing proactive media relations through a mix of face to face meetings, emails, calls and social media
• Develop an in-depth understanding of the UK media landscape incl. national, online, broadcast, bloggers, vloggers, social influencers
• Work with account teams to deliver client projects, campaigns and programmes, from manning a press office and helping deliver events to implementing high-profile, multi-channel campaigns
• Researching target media for a particular campaign, researching and booking spokespeople and celebrities, event management, venue research, researching and booking competition slots, sourcing products and props for shoots, mail-outs etc
• Provide on-event support as directed by Account Managers.
• Craft copy that’s engaging, compelling, persuasive, on message and brand
• Content can include: media releases, journalist pitch emails, digital content, opinion pieces, case study backgrounders, feature articles, briefings materials, research reports, advertorial and competition copy
• Creative thinking – partaking in brainstorms and developing creative ideas that will deliver cut through on communication channels
• Apply smart, creative, lateral thinking across everything you do, incl. media relations and content development – always question how you can deliver even more engagement, more stand-out
• Immerse yourself in industry news and happenings relevant to your clients, make sure you have your finger on the pulse and proactively share relevant ideas and insights with the wider team
• Take part in and actively contribute to team brainstorms across all team accounts
• Liaise with clients and support client teams as and when required
• Social media community management, drafting content planners and managing social accounts
• Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of clients’ brands, their competitors and the sector / category and industry they operate in
• Prepare meeting agendas and contact reports
• Conduct research for and contribute to new business proposals as and when required
• Take minutes at meetings and circulate as and when required
The successful candidate will ideally have c1 year’s PR experience but more importantly will possess the following traits.
• Act with confidence and energy in external meetings
• Demonstrate a proactive ‘can-do’ attitude, offering help and support across the teams as and when required
• Integrate with the wider team, take the initiative to get involved with agency activities such as social media channels, social events etc
• Be a team player, always supporting your colleagues and helping when needed
• Show accountability, and take ownership of and responsibility for your tasks and actions
• Creative thinking
• A passion for creative content
• Active across social channels
• Interest in culture
• A willingness to explore new things
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Consistency in terms of performance and outputs
• Act with confidence and energy in the office
• Thirst to learn and develop new skills
• Professionalism and integrity
• Ambitious self-starter
• 25 days’ holiday, increasing to 29 after 2 years’ service (+ Bank holidays)
• Flexible working house 10-4 core working hours with 50/50 split office and remote working
• Half day off for your mental wellbeing every other friday
• Company pension scheme
• Medical cash plan – including employee assist programme, contributions to dental, optical, physio etc.
• Employee discount scheme – an online platform for all staff offering a variety of discounts with various shopping outlets
• Refer a friend scheme
• Company Christmas closure
• Cycle to work scheme
We are proud to be a Disability Confident Committed (Level 1) Employer. As a Disability Confident Committed Employer we have committed to; ensure our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible, communicating and promoting vacancies, offering an interview to disabled people who meet the minimum criteria for the job and anticipating and providing reasonable adjustments as required.
The Mission Group:
Mongoose is part of The MISSION, a collective of Creative and MarTech Agencies led by entrepreneurs who encourage an independent spirit. Employing over 1,000 people across 27 locations and 3 continents, the Group successfully combines its diverse expertise to produce Work That Counts TM for our Clients, whatever their ambitions. Creating real standout, sharing real innovation and delivering real growth for some of the world's biggest brands. www.themission.co.uk
Got a question, enquiry or fancy joining Team Mongoose? We’re always looking for new additions to the Mongoose burrow. Are you a hungry & motivated sales person or passionate & energetic activation specialist? We’d love to hear from you.